Lower Dolpo trek offers to unfold the natural and cultural wonders of Dolpo region. Visiting the Shey Phoksundo Lake, a lake with no aquatic life and the inclusion of Shey Phoksundo National Park, the largest national park of Nepal makes Lower Dolpo trekking an amazing one.
During the trekking one can collect the picturesque views of the snowcapped mountains including Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Kyanguripa and other mountains. Lower Dolpo Trek also offers to experience challenging passes of Numala Pass (5,115m.) and Bagala Pass (5,100m.).
As the trekking goes through the Shey Phoksundo National Park and encountering with wildlife such as Blue Sheep, Musk Deer, Goral, Himalayan Tahr, Bear and even endangered snow leopard is possible.
Best seasons for trekking in Lower Dolpo trekking are September to November and March to May.
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu Airport, one of our representative will welcome you and will transfer you to the hotel. In free time take good rest and get refreshed from the jetlag. Overnight.
A full day sightseeing is dedicated to explore the some of the UNESCO World Heritage Listed sites in Kathmandu including Soyambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and The Kathmandu Durbar Square. Enjoy exploring. Overnight.
Take an early morning flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. In free time you can explore around the Nepalgunj city. Overnight.
Take another flight from Nepalgunj to Jhupal. From Jhupal you will trek little up to Dunai for the overnight.
From Dunai, trek to Tarakot. Tarakot is a beautiful settlement. On free time you can walk around and see the local lifestyle. Overnight.
Walk through terraces and also pass some small rural villages to get to Laini. Overnight.
An exciting day for trekking as our trails follows the Tarap River gorge, which gradually lead us to today’s destination Nawarpani. Overnight at Nawarpani.
Leave Nawarpani and trek to Do Tarap which is Tibetan and Magar village surrounded by irregular stones. Overnight at Do Tarap.
A rest day. You can visit some monasteries this day. Overnight at Tarap.
Set off to Numa La Base Camp for overnight. Tokyu, a village with monastery belongs to Chiba Sect is the main highlight of today’s walk. Overnight at Numa La Base Camp.
Hike up to Numa La Pass (5,190m.), one of the challenging high pass. It offers superb views of mountains including Dhaulagiri (8,167m). After the pass we will trek further to Pelung for overnight.
First trek all the way up to Baga La pass; a view point for snowcapped Kanjirowa Himal range and surrounding landscapes. After crossing Baga La cross we will descend down to Dajok Tang for the overnight.
Comparatively, easy and short trekking day when we will trek through pine forest to get Ringmo where we will stay overnight.
A rest day where you can walk around and the explore the wonderful places there.overnight.
After spending a wonderful day at Ringmo, this day we will trek to Shyanta passing several small yet, wonderful villages. Overnight at Shyanta.
Trek back to Jhupal. This day we will have time to explore around the village. Overnight at Jhupal.
First take a flight back to Nepalgunj. Further take another filght back to Kathmandu. In Kathmandu you will have time for some last minutes shopping . Overnight at hotel.
One of our representative will transfer you to Kathmandu Airport to catch you returning flight back home.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Nepalgunj -Jhupal round trip)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver-tipping are extended.
- Sightseeing/Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.