Island Peak Climbing is one the famous peak climbing in Nepal. Climbing Island Peak is more technical in comparison to other peak climbing in Nepal. Island is one the popular peak climbing and expedition in Nepal which offers climbing Island Peak and trekking experience in a single trip.
Island Peak (6,189m.) is also known as “Imje Tse”. Climbing Island Peak is suitable for climbers having previous climbing experience with good health condition. The best time to climb Island Peak is Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November).
Upon your arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu, a Hike Manaslu Representative will be there for your warm welcome and will help you to transfer to your hotel. In evening there will be a pre-tour briefing and you will have a welcome dinner with Hike Manaslu Team.
Take A scenic 40 minutes flight from Kathmandu takes you to Lukla. In Lukla meet remaining crews then start trek to Phakding. It is 3 hours gentle walk through the banks of Dudh Koshi River to Phakding. O/N.
Take early breakfast, tie your boots and get ready for trekking. Follow the Dudh Koshi river pass several suspension bridges. It takes 6 ½ hour to reach Namche. Namche Bazar is trading center of the Khumbu Region. Check the gears and add if anything left in Kathmandu. O/N
Free day at Namche Bazar. Go to Tourist Visit Center and get knowledge about Sherpa culture plus flora and faunas of Everest Region. Hiking Thame or exploration are the optional activities for the day.O/N.
We start our trek from Namche Bazar; a gentle walk first take us to Phunki. From Phunki it ascends towards Tengboche where famous Tengboche Monastery is situated.Tengboche is a wonderful place for superb mountains views that includes: Mt Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Lhotse. Overnight.
After breakfast, start trekking of Dingboche. The trail passes Pangboche where the oldest Monastery of Khumbu region lies. After 6 hours approx. walk reach Tengboche. Tengboche is another Mountain View point in Everest Region.
After breakfast, we start our trek to Chukhung. Along the way we will accompany by awe inspiring views of Lhotse and Amadablam mountains. After arriving Chukhung we set our camp. O/N.
The steep up trails first climb south and then turns to east. It then gradually lead us to Island Peak Base Camp. On the way to base camp we can see wonderful Lhoste Glacier. In base camp we will some pre climbing training. O/N.
To avoid winds of the day time we start our climbing early morning around 2 am. Summiting this peak is in fact not hard but quite technical though. Upon we summit the peak, we enjoy some time viewing stunning views. Then we descend all the way down to Island Peak Base Camp for overnight. O/N.
The trail descends through Khumbu Valley and passes two wonderful Sherpa settlement Orsho and Somare before reaching Pangboche. With 5/6 hours walk we reach Pangboche which a village covered by stunning mountains including Mt Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kangtaiga. Stay overnight at Pangboche. O/N.
The descent trail from Pangboche first takes us to Tengboche. From Tengboche we walk through dense rhododendron and juniper forest with following Dudhkoshi gorge to get Namche Bazar. Stay overnight at Namche Bazar. O/N.
Final day of our walk. Today will trek to Lukla. With 6/7 hours trekking we will reach Lukla where we stay overnight. O/N.
With 40 minutes spectacular flight, we get back to Kathmandu. Take some rest at hotel. After then do some last minutes shopping. In evening join the farewell dinner with Hike Manaslu Team. O/N
Hike Manaslu representative will accompany you to airport to catch your returning flight. See you again in Himalayan Kingdom.
- Airport Pick up and Drop as per itinerary by private car / van
- Three nights accommodation in Kathmandu inclusive Breakfast at 3/4 star category hotel
- All the standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during treking period.
- Island Peak Climbing permit fee
- Full board meal during camping, prepared by our expert cook with tea & coffee
- Local Guest house accommodation during trek and tented accommodation in climbing period
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek.
- Experience and helpful trekking guide during trek and friendless porters (1 perter for two people)
- Expert Sherpa climbing guide
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National park permit fee
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all staff
- Round trip domestic airfare as per itinerary
- General climbing equipment's (rope, ice-crew, snow bar etc.)
- TIMS card fees - Trekking Information Management System
- All the government tax
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu Hotel
- Nepal Visa
- International Airfare
- Your Travel Insurance
- Personal climbing equipments
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Tips for Trekking guide, porters, Drivers
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section